Sunday, October 26, 2008

Walgreens Deal

Well, I've been a little behind in posting but I have to share with you the great deal I recently received at Walgreens. About 3 weeks ago, my wonderful brother reminded me about a special Walgreens coupon ($5 off of a $20 purchase.) At first I didn't think that I could use it until I looked at the sales flyer and some coupons that I had. I headed to the store and this is what I bought:



Purchased:

2 boxes Puffs tissues - $1.78
4oz box Reese's Pieces - $1.00
Oral B toothbrush - $4.49
Gillette Fusion Razor - $8.99
2 Gillette Men's shampoos - $10.00
3 32oz Gatorades - $3.00

Used:

$4/1 Gillette Fusion Razor
$.75/1 Oral B toothbrush
(2) $2/1 Gillette Men's Shampoo
(2) $.25/1 box of Puffs tissues

Total after coupons - $20.01

Once you apply the $5 off $20 purchase, that brings my pre-tax total to $15.01. I'm still not sure how I managed to get my total before the special coupon so close to $20 even! I was amazed.
But, I'm not finished. Some of these items produced rebates or Register Rewards (RR). RR can be used like cash on your next purchase. I earned a $5.00 rebate on the Gillette Shampoo, $4.00 in RR on the Fusion Razor, and $4.50 in RR on the Oral B toothbrush. That is a total of $13.50 in money/rewards back.

So....

My grand total for the purchase above was......$1.51!!!!

I'm so thrilled! This is probably the best I've done in the coupon world so far. The best part is not only did I save us money, but I was able to use the RR to buy supplies for the medical mission trip our church recently took to Cordova, Peru. God is so gracious!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should help with the U.S. Financial Bailout Plan! You certainly manage your money better than our Congress and get a lot more for it! Sounds interesting. I know you are pleased with the effort and had fun doing it.

Love,
Daddy

Ashlee said...

You need to post these deals while they are still going on so the rest of us can save too!!!

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
This is Reason #92 why I am the most blessed man in the world.

Jenn said...

Thanks, Baby. You are so sweet!!!!!!

Christy said...

Man, that is cool. I might have to investigate coupons once again.