Monday, August 11, 2008

Saturday Savings


Here are my Saturday dynomite deals. Rite Aid has a great rebate program where they offer you partial to full rebates on selected items. This past week was my first time to pay attention to the Rite Aid ad. I'm so glad I did! Here are my rebate items:

Gillette Fusion Razor 9.00
Gillette Men Shampoo 4.49
Revlon Nail Polish 2.99
Renu Multiplus Solution (2 pack) 9.99

Total 26.47

Less coupons - 5.00
Less rebates - 22.47

Total overage + 1.00

That's right - I got $26.47 worth of products free plus I actually made money off of this deal because I had some coupons! It's so nice to shop and actually make money. I never knew this world existed!

My other deal for the day was at Walgreens. They offer a program called "Register Rewards." This is similar to CVS's Extra Care Bucks program. For select items, they will give you a certain $ amount of rewards to be used toward your next purchase. It is essentially free money to use at Walgreens. Yesterday, I had my eye on the 4/$10 on Kellog's cereal. I had a coupon for $1 off a purchase of 2 boxes of Special K. This brought the deal to 4/$9. Walgreens offered register rewards of $5 for the purchase. This brought the final total to 4/$4. That's $1 per box! Even Walmart can't beat that. There was a similar deal for the Nutri-Grain bars but they were sold out. That is one lesson I learned last week. If you see a good deal in Sunday's ad, get it that day or the next. Apparently, I'm not the only one who's caught on to these great deals! All in all, it was a very satisfying shopping day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to keeping up with you all. Noah is a cutie and you better watch out he will be into everything SOON.

You seem better at the savings to me, here are a couple of sites I like to visit

http://thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com/

http://afullcup.com/upload/cmps_index.php?page=coupon_generator

http://thriftyinthecincy.blogspot.com/

http://amyjrobinson.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

Thanks for the websites, Ann Kelly. I can't believe how big Harrison is!