Monday, April 21, 2008

More Mom Funnies

What nobody told me about sleep deprivation..... (statements from new moms, from the May 2008 issue of babytalk)

"I collapse into bed at night thinking that I could sleep through a tornado only to spring up the moment I hear a little sneeze come for the bassinet."

"When my daughter was a couple weeks old, I looked down at her and for the life of me could not remember her name."

"Nobody told me that I'd look at my husband sleeping so peacefully next to our wailing infant daughter -up for the fifth time that night- and be seized with such an urge to smack him silly!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am glad you posted these last two items. Last night, after I had gotten up at 2;30, 3:30, 4:30, finally to stay up at 5:30 I look for things to occupy my early waking time. Tonight, after waking at 2:30, then at 4:30, when I gave up and got out of bed, I perused the computer postings and read your two very entertaining ones. Of course you and I lose sleep for different reasons and I know you feel yours more than I. Even as a child you showed yourself to be a person who needed an amount of sleep on the higher range. This is just something part of our makeup and not in our control. I used to be able to sleep long and hard, but could get by on less. Alas, not retired, and finding it a function of age, I can't sleep as well, but don't seem to miss it as much. As your Daddy I know very well how you miss your sleep and I am thus impressed even more with what you sacrifice for your son. Let me also assure you the day will come when you will have great difficulty getting him out of bed. Be just as understanding then because it won't be that he is lazy. He will just be a teenager.