Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kruisin in the Kia

I'm currently sporting around town in a Kia. I took my car in Tuesday to get it repaired after my accident a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly, the Kia is pretty peppy. So far I've had fun driving it. I like that it is smaller than my Camry and easier to back out/pull in to a parking space. However, I do miss Cami. She's a good car. Hopefully, she will be as good as new next week.

Speaking of new, Wes and I had another "first" experience as a married couple the other night. We were out buying some supplies at Target. We realized that we were almost out of his toothpaste (I had already used up mine and had been using his) and needed some more. I was very excited that it was the first time that we got to pick our toothpaste together. When I said something to Wes about it he said "Wow, I'm so excited. I've got butterflies in my stomach." Of course, he said it sarcastically but I thought it was cute. I guess girls just appreciate these little mile markers more than guys (or at least think about them more). It wasn't a difficult task even though there were so many options to pick from. We were pretty much in agreement about what we wanted. For me, it was a fun experience - another "first" that I can mark off my list.

On the contrary, this is the "last" post that you will read from me as a 27 year old. That's right...tomorrow is my birthday! Twenty seven has been such a great year. After all, it's the year that I fell in love with the wonderful man who then became my husband. I'm so thankful to be celebrating this birthday with him. As good as 27 was, I have great expectations that 28 will be even better. Hopefully, it will be a year of many more "firsts" with Wes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are many things to make agreement on in a marriage. Another big one you will face is which way to hang the toilet tissue. Should it roll from the top or from the bottom? Your mother and I don't agree on this matter. She likes from the bottom and I prefer from the top. However, in a gesture of ultimate respect for the other's opinion, whichever one places the new roll selects the way they want it to roll, and the other respects that choice by not changing it. On such great matters as flavor of toothpaste and orientation of toilet tissue has many a marriage floundered. These are issues to be given great and careful consideration.

Jenn said...

Actually, we have discussed the toilet paper issue and we are both in agreement. It's nice when we can see eye to eye on such important issues :)

Wes said...

Jenn,
A Kia never looked so good. They should put you in their commercials.

I am so glad that I could be with you on your 28th birthday. I've missed out on the first 27, but thankfully God caused our paths to cross, and I plan to be here for the rest of them. Thursday was definitely the best June 14th that I've ever had. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Luke,
I made sure about the TP before I even bought her the ring. I knew to talk about the important stuff up front.